Friday, July 23, 2010

Cockadoos

Kind of wish they had chosen a different name, but this is a wonderful place!! And, it's about time downtown Memphis gets something like this. Jon and I joined a couple of friends for Sunday Brunch at Cockadoos on South Second Street (the former residence of Cafe 61). We loved it! Delicious scones, pancakes, biscuits, bacon!! I loved my pancakes, bacon, and Jon's biscuit. However, Jon nor I were too impressed by his made-to-order omelette. Arcade's omelettes definitely beat them in that category! And, the waitress did come to our table three different times to tell us they have run out of something we just ordered and that we needed to pick something else. Memphis doesn't have many breakfast/brunch places so I am always thrilled when someone decides to venture out and add to our slim breakfast choices. The atmosphere is fun, charming, spunky, and inviting.



The hours are also a great attribute! If you'll notice on their website, they are open M-F 7am-3pm and Saturday and Sunday midnight-3pm. So, there you go downtown clubbers. Next time you have a few drinks and are craving some sweet pancakes or hearty biscuits and gravy, all you have to do is walk on down to second street and devour :) These Cockadoo people are smart. If I lived downtown, I would frequent this place for breakfast and coffee as much as I could. Go there now! So, due to a few setbacks but some great perks as well, we give Cockadoos 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment